- (250) 808 - 7141
I am a software developer who is always looking to utilize my skills and experience to help solve problems while still working to increase my knowledge.
My goal is to obtain a software development job with any company who can appreciate my skills and background.
Relevant Work Experience
Interior Health Authority - May 2010 to Present. Kelowna B.C.
The Interior Health Authority App Dev team builds and supports over 100 internal business and clinical applications. Everything from Payroll applications to patient data integration systems.
- Most recently working on “Clinical Distribution” project – A BizTalk/WCF powered distribution system for Clinical Document Architecture HL7v3 documents.
- Worked on ASP to C# .NET migration of application portal project for Payroll/HR department
- Sole developer on Access Management Portal ASP.NET project
- Main support contact for colleagues writing scripts for entering important Meditech data using Summit Scripting Tool from May to December 2010
- Provide On Call support for all 24/7 supported systems
Interior Health Authority - May 2008 to May 2010. Kelowna, BC
The Interior Health Authority Report Development Team is responsible for creating and maintaining an extensive library of clinical, employee and business related reports from a variety of systems throughout the enterprise.
- Report Developer for the Home and Community Care (HCC) Referral Standardization Project
- During the project, played a significant role in reviewing, developing and standardizing NPR HCC reports
- Develop reports according to user specifications written in both NPR and DeskI environments
- Provided support and maintenance of HCC and other non-HCC reports
Clinical Informatics Analyst (Home and Community Care)
Interior Health Authority - Sept 2007 to May 2008. Kelowna, BC
The Home and Community Care team supports all users in the Home and Community Care realm of Interior Health Authority. This includes supporting all Assisted Living, Residential and Long Term Care nurses and support staff.
- Provided application support to Home and Community Meditech users via phone and e-mail
- Was involved in various projects and upgrades to Meditech systems
- Wrote documentation for projects
- Ensured data integrity and conformity to Ministry of Health standards
- Provided training when necessary to users for new projects and updates
- Cultivated a trusting and friendly relationship with HCC users and managers.
Acro Media Inc - Sept 2005 to Sept 2007. Kelowna, BC
Acro Media is a cutting edge web technology firm. I personally credit them with helping me get my start in the real world of software development. The quality of products emerging from Acro Media is second to none and I've carried-on with that same desire for quality to my other places of employment.
- Database Design and Implementation
- Development of Drupal powered websites
- Maintenance of in-house e-commerce software
- Wrote Project Documentation
- Provided Software Time Estimates and Quotes
Other Relevant Experience
Help Desk Analyst - Bridges Transitions Inc. co-op full-time
- May 2005 to Sept 2005. Kelowna, BC
Software Support Analyst - Total Care Technologies. co-op full-time
- May 2004 to Dec 2004. Kelowna, BC
Helpdesk/Field Technician - School District #23. co-op full-time
- Jan 2003 to Aug 2003. Kelowna, BC
Computer Technician - Absolutely Computers. Casual Computer Technician
- Dec 2001 and 2002. Kelowna, BC
Okanagan College - Diploma in Computer Information Systems
- 2001 - 2004. Kelowna, BC